In this post, you will learn 3 uses of passive voice.
Most of us have learned the use of passive voice in school and college time and again.
However, we still struggle to use it verbal or written communication.
Let me take you through 3 important uses of passive voice that you need to use most often.
Use 1: When you do not want to hurt anyone by mentioning a mistake. Just observe the following examples:
- You made a mistake while preparing this report.
- You have not called the client yet.
- Your team didn’t deliver the shipment yesterday.
- Now, read the next three examples (these messages are not threatening):
- A mistake has been/was made while preparing this report.
- The client has not been called yet.
- This shipment was not delivered yesterday.
Use 2: When the object is more important than the subject
- The law was introduced last year.
- This policy was suggested by our managing director.
- The top brass of the company was fired by Government.
- The air conditioner was repaired yesterday.
- The garbage was removed last week.
- My laptop was fixed yesterday.
- Your mobile will be delivery by the end of this week.
Use 3: When the subject is not known
- His mobile has been stolen.
- This empty building was attacked yesterday.
- The secret donations are made every month.
- The newspaper was delivered ten minutes ago.
Do you want to know the basic email etiquette to create a good rapport and impression? Open the link below:
To improve translation email writing, interview skills, spoken English, and career skills, visit our website
...but always struggle to speak English fluently?
Your search is over!